Some time ago I realized that I don’t have enough salads in my blog. So, one of the many goals I have set for this 2017 will be to expand the variety of salads. That is why today I bring you this exquisite Salad of spinach, pears, and nuts.
Sometimes it’s hard to decide on what salad to present, because as you probably know I live in Atlanta, and the seasons are different from those in Chile, my native country. At this moment we are in the middle of winter, although quite mild this year, and Chile is actually in the middle of summer. So, I believe this salad will be optimal no matter where you are. You can enjoy it with some soup, or maybe a nice sandwich, or some grilled meat.
It is a fresh salad, very tasty, and quite quick to prepare. You can vary certain ingredients to your liking.
You may also like to see my recipes of Salad of arugula, spinach, almonds, and raspberries with yogurt sauce, and Corn and radish salad.
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes posted in Mi Diario de Cocina, you can subscribe HERE. Remember that you can follow me through Facebook and Twitter. Or if you like the pictures and want more cooking ideas, you can also find me on Instagram and Pinterest.Print
- 3 cups of fresh spinach
- 2 pears
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar (or any other type you like)
- 2 tablespoons of blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons of chopped pecans
- 1 pomegranate, only its arils.
- Peel the pears, and cut them in long slices. Sauté the pears in a frying pan with the olive oil for about 2 minutes. Then add sugar and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Place the spinach on a plate, then add the pears on top, as well as chopped nuts, blue cheese, and pomegranate arils.
- Serve immediately.