Here in Atlanta we are currently in the middle of the winter, and to be honest it hasn’t been that cold, compared to previous years. I’ve been able to take my kids to outdoors locations more frequently, and enjoy the fresh air during the warmest hours on the day. However, there are days when it rains a lot, and the colors of the light that comes inside the house change. It makes me want to cuddle while watching a movie, but of course, that’s not always possible, because how can I make my little daughter understand that, when all she wants to do is to play and run.
On one of those rainy days, I checked my refrigerator to see what ingredients I had available in order to cook something to improvise a lunch. In my mind, I felt the urge to taste some broth soup or similar. So, I grabbed an onion, a sausage, and from my pantry I happened to have the beans that I like the most. And it was that way in which I started putting all the ingredients together, little by little, and at the end I got a wonderful soup, super tasty, and my husband loved it. So, for those of you who are big fans of legumes and soups, I provide you here with this scrumptious recipe, made with a lot of love for a winter day.Print
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 1 onion (any that you like) cut into thick slices
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 sausage, chopped or sliced
- 1 can of white beans (these usually come ready to use), or 1 1/2 cups of cooked white beans
- 1 liter of beef broth
- 1 cup of water (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley
- Put some oil in a pan, and fry the onion for about 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced sausages and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the thyme.
- Then add the beans (if you use canned beans, you must remove all the liquid that comes with it).
- Stir and start adding the beef broth.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until boiling.
- Serve with chopped parsley on top
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins