I have prepared an endless number of recipes of this delicious cake, but by far I stick with the Lemon Pie recipe I present here. It is a homemade recipe, very easy to prepare, and above all it is so delicious. Lemon Pie is a classic that not only is good to accompany a tea or coffee, but also serves as a dessert.Print
- 1 jar of condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- the juice of 2 lemons
- lemon zest
- 6 full tablespoons of flour
- 10 full tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 3 full teaspoons of baking powder
- 40 g (1.4 oz) of soft butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons of cold milk
- FILLING: Beat 3 yolks very well, then slowly add the condensed milk can, then the lemon juice and the zest. Put the refrigerator on hold.
- DOUGH: Mix very well with your hands the flour, 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar, the baking powder, 40 g (1.4 oz) of butter or margarine, one whole egg and milk; if necessary, you may sprinkle a little bit of flour so that it doesn’t stick to the hands. Spread in a 28 cm (11 in) buttered mold, and prick the dough with a fork. Bake almost completely (about 10 minutes at 350°F / 180°C).
- Remove from the oven, pour the filling on top and return to the oven for about 5 minutes maximum. Take it out of the oven again, add the meringue on top, and bake for about an extra 3 minutes until it looks golden brown.
- MERINGUE: In a pot or frying pan place the remaining sugar with a little water, meanwhile beat the egg whites stiff, and when the sugar is dissolved looking like a clear syrup, add very slowly little by little (thread like) into the beaten whites, and keep beating until the egg whites are cold.
- Then mount the meringue over the pie, and you can put it in the oven to brown it or if you have a torch you can use it without the need to put the pie with the meringue in the oven.