Because it’s easy, quick and delicious, is why I bring this Apple Kuchen recipe to you. But I also suggest you another Apple Kuchen recipe I have on this website, which is very different, but very delicious too. You can see that other alternative on the following link: Apple kuchen 2
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 125 grams (4.4 oz) of margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound of green apples
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- Mix the margarine and the granulated sugar in a bowl, and then add the eggs one by one. Then add the previously-sifted flour and baking powder to the mix.
- The resulting dough should be easy to work with, not kneading is required. Place the dough on top of a 26 cm (10 in.) buttered cake mold, making sure to even the surface out, and also making borders around the edges of the mold. For the filling, do the following:
- Peel the apples, cut them in thin slices, place them in a bowl with some granulated sugar and a teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Let it macerate for at least 30 minutes, before pouring them on top of the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), and then bake the Kuchen for about 35 minutes.
- NOTE: save some dough to put it on top of the filling, giving it any desired shape. You can also sprinkle some sugar if you desire.