When it comes to lasagna, I believe we can find an endless range of ingredients with which we can put together and create one. Of course, there are the traditional ones using pasta layers, but we can also prepare some lower in carbs, such as this one I’m sharing below, which is made simply with layers or slices of butternut squash. As you will see in the photo below, this kind of squash has a longer section, which is perfect for slicing, thus being able to prepare this delicious Squash Lasagna.
It is important that you pre-cook the squash slices in the microwave oven. And in case you don’t have a microwave, no problem, you can also place the squash slices in a baking dish covered with aluminum foil, and bring it to the oven for 20 minutes at 200°C (400°F).
You can vary the type of cheese and use another one you may like, and you can even use almond cheese perfectly. You can also replace cow’s milk with vegetable milk.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Squash Lasagna, a different and healthier alternative. Remember that if it requires additional baking time, ideally you may want to cook it covered with aluminum foil, so that it doesn’t burn on top. And you can remove the foil cover when you want it to be browned.Print
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 purple onion, julienned
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 cup of a buttery cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 butternut squash
- Spray oil
- 1 cup of Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- In a pan, use the oil to stir-fry the onion and garlic for about 4 minutes. Then add the spinach and cook for about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a blender mix the yogurt, milk, cheese, then add the eggs, flour and salt. Set this mix aside.
- Use the longest part of the squash by first removing the peel, and with the help of a mandoline or a good knife, cut thin long slices. Place them in a baking plate, cover with plastic wrap, and bring them to the microwave oven for about 4 minutes. The power of the microwave must be only at 50%.
- In the baking container where we will make the lasagna, pour a little bit of the yogurt mixture, then cover with a layer of squash slices, then ricotta cheese, and on top the spinach mixture. Then the mixture of yogurt, the squash, and so on until you use everything. Top with parmesan cheese or another one of your liking. Cover the baking container with aluminum foil and bake for 60 minutes at 180°C (350°F).
- After that, remove the aluminum foil, and let it brown a little with the oven in broil mode, or any other way you may prefer until it’s browned to your liking. Let it rest for a while before serving.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
Leave a Reply