When we are away from our own homeland, a good way to bring the memories back about those people that we love is precisely through cooking. And what’s better than the cooking we have inherited from our mothers. Sometimes not from the exact recipes, but from the various ingredients we can get those aromas that make us remember. That’s how I thought it was the perfect opportunity to use Barilla® pasta, to share with those women who have become an essential part of everyday’s life. So many things that unite us, so much nostalgia that comes back to us and that ultimately transforms itself into something as delicious as it turned out to be this recipe. It’s during those midweek lunches when we occasionally meet with several other mothers and we try to cook with these flavors, that way celebrating all those mothers or caregivers who daily give everything for their children and families. And I happily join such celebration, because since my kids were born, my life has been filled with such unconditional love that drives and motivates me to follow all the goals I set to myself.
When I organized this lunch in my home with some of my friends that are mothers, I took my kids to a Walmart supermarket, where I found all the ingredients I needed, especially the Barilla® spaghetti, along with a variety of pasta from the same brand.
This recipe is super simple to prepare, does not require much time and is quite abundant. I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 box Barilla® Spaghetti
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless diced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves only
- 1 jalapeño pepper, or to taste
- ½ cup white wine, dry
- 2 pounds plum tomatoes, crushed
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup Cotija cheese
- Place a pot of water to boil.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, brown the chicken thights with ½ of the extra virgin olive, add oregano and sliced jalapeño pepper, after one minute, stir in dry wine and reduce to half.
- Add crushed tomatoes and one cup of water; season with salt and bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions, drain and toss with sauce.
- Stir in remaining extra virgin olive oil and the Cotija cheese before serving.
- Garnish with oregano.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla. The opinions and text are all mine.