Today I present here a recipe that I wanted to add to the list of delicious pound cakes that I are already have on the blog. These classic doughs that are great to sweeten and accompany our tea or coffee. They’re also ideal to take them to a picnic or for a special breakfast, as well as tea time in the afternoon.
I’ve been wanting to do something with these poppy seeds for a while. They really give a super special touch to the recipe, and I also consider it as an ideal mix when they go with lemon.
As you can see in the photo above, I used some parchment paper, because that way it will be easier to unmold. If you utilize another mold, such as those with a hole in the center, the cooking time changes and it is reduced by 10 minutes, which is why you should keep a close eye at your oven.
When a cake is golden on the outside, but still raw on the inside, just cover it with aluminum foil so that it does not burn, and continue cooking.Print
Lemon and Poppy Seed Loaf Cake
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Yield: 10 1x
- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- Lemon zest
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Prepare a rectangular mold with parchment paper, or alternatively you can just butter the mold.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the mixer, or by hand in a bowl, beat the butter with the sugar for at least 3 minutes. Then add the eggs one by one, followed by the vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Then incorporate the dry ingredients, alternating with milk.
- Add the poppy seeds, folding them into the mix.
- Transfer the mixture to the mold, and bake at 325°F (160°C) for about 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
Leave a Reply