- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- Lemon zest
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Prepare a rectangular mold with parchment paper, or alternatively you can just butter the mold.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the mixer, or by hand in a bowl, beat the butter with the sugar for at least 3 minutes. Then add the eggs one by one, followed by the vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Then incorporate the dry ingredients, alternating with milk.
- Add the poppy seeds, folding them into the mix.
- Transfer the mixture to the mold, and bake at 325°F (160°C) for about 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins