When you have a barbecue or want to prepare some type of meat, and you need a nice side, this Potato Salad with Vinaigrette is a very easy to prepare and delicious option. The mix of flavors from the vinaigrette is very particular. Undoubtedly, the scallion also gives a special touch to the potatoes, in conjunction with parsley or cilantro.
In Chile it is common to enjoy potatoes without the peel, but the type of potatoes that I used for this recipe, the skin is actually very tasty, ideal to enjoy them just like that. When the peel has a smoother texture, it is not necessary to peel the potatoes.
Simple preparations, powerful flavors that allows us to vary our menu.
This salad can be made in advance, and once it has been made it can be refrigerated. Remove it from the refrigerator about 20 minutes before serving.Print
- 1 1/2 kg (3.3 lb) of small red potatoes
- 1/4 cup of olive oil, or any other of your liking
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley or cilantro
- In a large pot add the potatoes, cover with cold water and add salt. Cover the pot, and from the time the water starts to boil, cook for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Once ready, cut the potatoes in halves. I left their skin on, but it’s optional.
- In a small bowl thoroughly mix the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Then add the chopped scallion. Stir well.
- Pour this vinaigrette on the potatoes.
- Finally place the chopped parsley or cilantro over the potatoes.
- You can prepare this vinaigrette ahead of time, and store it in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins