- 1 1/2 kg (3.3 lb) of small red potatoes
- 1/4 cup of olive oil, or any other of your liking
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley or cilantro
- In a large pot add the potatoes, cover with cold water and add salt. Cover the pot, and from the time the water starts to boil, cook for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Once ready, cut the potatoes in halves. I left their skin on, but it’s optional.
- In a small bowl thoroughly mix the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Then add the chopped scallion. Stir well.
- Pour this vinaigrette on the potatoes.
- Finally place the chopped parsley or cilantro over the potatoes.
- You can prepare this vinaigrette ahead of time, and store it in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins