Today I present this delicious Egg Sandwich, a wonderful option for those who like to eat sandwiches. It is also very practical because it can serve as a main meal complementing it with a salad or soup. The sandwich is so practical that it is also easy to transport, therefore it is ideal if you want to go on a picnic. And not to mention, a delicious alternative fo birthday celebrations, which brings me memories when I was little, and there were always the typical white bread sandwich stuffed with egg or with some chicken paste.
This time I was lucky enough to be able to find a good sourdough bread to complement my sandwich, but you can use whatever bread you have on hand. Personally, I recommend using one that is crumb based.
In my time the egg sandwich was always a mixture of boiled eggs with mayonnaise and the seasoning to taste. This time I wanted to complement with avocado, which helped to give the egg a much more pleasant texture. However, in the countries and especially in Chile, if you cannot easily access avocados, you can omit it. Of course it is not ideal, but in certain circumstances it is simply necessary to adapt and in the same way we can achieve good results.
This is the step by step of this wonderful egg sandwich, in my stories of Instagram in my Highlights, I have many more recipes with the step by step, where I explain much more in detail. You can follow me on my account to see news too.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 1 avocado
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra mayonnaise for bread
- 4 sandwich breads
- Spinach leaves, can substitute for lettuce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- With a hand-mixer or blender, mash 3 eggs, with mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, oil, salt and pepper.
- Then with the other 3 eggs, cut them into small squares.
- Season with salt, pepper and oil.
- Mix them with the mashed eggs, then add the mashed avocado.
- If you don’t have, you can add a little natural or Greek yogurt, and season well.
- To assemble the sandwich, heat each bread, then place a little mayonnaise on each lid, in a lid put the spinach or lettuce leaves.
- Then add the egg mixture.
- Close with the other cover of bread and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Sandwich
Keywords: sandwich, egg
This wonderful egg paste, or egg filling, can be made ahead of time and when it’s ready just put it in the fridge.
And an important detail is the cooking point of the hard-boiled egg, you must cook it starting in cold water, once the water begins to boil it is exactly 10 minutes. Then pass it through cold water, to stop the cooking process. Then remove the shell, to continue with the rest of the procedure indicated in the recipe above.