Today I present a delicious recipe of Tuna Poke Bowl , a dish of Hawaiian origin, which has been modified depending on the location. Here in Atlanta I have found a couple of stores that sell this dish. And it has been successful because of how tasty it is, because it is full of nutrients, and because you can build it up withthe ingredients we like the most.
It mainly has one or two proteins, either salmon or tuna, it also includes some other seafood products. Then, there are a variety of vegetables, fruits, sauces, and various other ingredients that can be placed on top for added flavor and color.
Its base is always rice, although in some food establishments you have the option to replace it with some type of pasta. And this is one version of the many that exist.
A classic ingredient in poke bowls is a serving of seaweed salad, but sadly I couldn’t find it in the places I looked. But that still made the dish quite delicious!
For this occasion I used a wonderful fresh tuna from Fulton Fish Market, a store in New York, specialized in the sale of quality fish and seafood. Their long history endorses them as one of the best places in the United States to buy many kinds of seafood products.
This tasty and colorful tuna came to my home in an impeccable way, with which I could make this delicious recipe, but soon I’ll be preparing more recipes to share with you.
Please feel free to visit the Fulton Fish Market page, you will find an incredible variety of products.
Step-by-step process to marinate our tasty tuna.
FOR THE TUNA:
- 400 grams (14 oz) of fresh tuna
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar or honey
- 2 sprigs of chives
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
SIDES TO YOUR TASTE:
- Cooked white or brown rice
- Diced mango
- Grated carrot
- Diced avocado
- Chopped cilantro
- Diced cucumber
- Nori seaweed (optional)
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or some hot sauce
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, sugar, chives and sesame seeds.
- Cut the tuna into small squares.
- Combine the tuna with the soy mixture, and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Then assemble the bowl to your taste, by placing a portion of warm rice, a portion of carrot, cucumber, mango, avocado, and cilantro.
- Add a generous portion of tuna.
- In another bowl, mix the mayonnaise and sriracha, then spread it lightly on top of the poke bowl.
- You can sprinkle on top some chopped nori or sesame seeds.
- Prep Time: 30 min
Keywords: Hawaiian, poke, tuna
I hope you get encouraged to prepare this simple and delicious dish, a different way to enjoy these ingredients, especially tuna.