This post was sponsored by Alaska Seafood as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I love incorporating salmon into my family’s diet at least once a week, which is why on this occasion I turned to the Farmers Market that is closest from my home in order to buy this delicious fish. This time I chose the sockeye variety, but you can also find coho, keta and pink. You may have the option to find it frozen, but if you have the opportunity to buy it fresh, it is much better. Keep in mind that in the “fish and seafood” section you can find this exquisite Alaska salmon.
The recipe of Salmon in cream sauce that I present today, I managed to prepare with just a few ingredients, and the results are fantastic. This dish can really enter into the category of comforting foods. In addition, the sides of brown rice and sautéed kale were a good way to accompany this tasty salmon.
- 1 filet of Alaska salmon
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste (for the salmon)
- 1 cup of liquid cream
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, and a little water to dissolve it.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet, and fry the salmon seasoned with salt and pepper, for about 4 minutes per side. Once ready, remove from the heat and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the other tablespoon of butter and fry the finely-sliced onion for about 3 minutes, then add the finely-chopped garlic and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Add the chopped sun-dried tomatoes, previously macerated in olive oil.
- Add the cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Then add the cornstarch (dissolved in a little bit of water), and cook for one more minute or until the sauce thickens.
- Place the salmon filet on top, and let this combination stand for a few minutes.
- To serve, as an idea you can accompany this delicious salmon with brown rice and kale sautéed in olive oil, seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Then place the salmon filet on top with the sauce.
Salmon is an excellent source of protein, but this Alaska salmon is particularly of exceptional quality, and its taste is delicious in any of the ways you may prepare it. For that same reason I recommend asking in the places where you usually buy (or even in the restaurants that you may visit) if they have Alaska salmon. I invite you to share on the social networks your experience of buying Alaska salmon using the hashtag #AskForAlaska.
For more information, ideas, or recipes of this delicious salmon from Alaska, you may visit the Alaska Seafood website HERE. You can also visit their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest sites for even more information.