I would like to start this post by saying that I would have loved to have taken better photos for this recipe, but I had so little time that instead of postponing it or having all the contents sitting there in order to sharing this recipe later on, I preferred to just post it, because I know that it may be useful for you to have other options for the fillings we add to the popular stuffed zucchini. This time I chose to use a small pasta, because it fits better on the zucchinis. For the cheese I put on top, you may use any that you like, although I used a mixture of 4 cheeses. This dish was so simple to make and it was really tasty and ideal to accompany any type of meat, among other things.
I should mention that you may add any vegetables that you like to the pasta, including the insides of the zucchinis.
- 3 zucchinis
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil (or other)
- 1/2 red onion or another, chopped into squares
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 orange bell pepper, but you may use a pepper of any other color that you like
- Chopped parsley
- 1/2 package of pasta, to your liking
- 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese or similar
- In a large pot with boiling water, cook the zucchinis for exactly 15 minutes.
- After that time, remove from the water, and let cool.
- Split the zucchinis in half and remove the food from the inside.
- Place the tops of the zucchinis in a tray that can go in the oven. Set aside.
- In a skillet, fry in oil the onion and garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped bell pepper. Cook for about 3 additional minutes. Season with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta (precooked according to the package instructions).
- Stir well, and add the parsley and zucchinis insides, all chopped together.
- Rectify the taste, and add more salt or pepper if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spread the mixture over the top of each zucchini half. Then add cheese on top of each zucchini.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins