I wanted to start this post by thanking all the faithful followers of Mi Diario de Cocina, to all those who follow me through social networks or those who take time to just give thanks, among other things. Those are the messages that encourage me to continue with this blog that is part of my life. With the pleasure of helping, and for the love I have of cooking.
I have many ideas for this coming year, and I look forward for this blog to continue emerging. I hope to devote much more to this project that I have for many years already.
I leave you my best wishes for 2015, and that health, well being, love, and of course good food will always be with you.
As for today’s recipe, it is a very simple pasta, but one of the tastiest I‘ve tried, you will not regret cooking it. You can even make it without the seafood, and I assure you that it will be very tasty too. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 package of spaghetti
- 1 large onion cut in julienne (thin slices)
- 1/2 cup of olive or canola oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 16 units of shrimp
- 16 units of scallops
- 4 tablespoons of parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions. And do not forget to add salt to the water where the pasta is cooked.
- Add the oil into a large skillet, and heat it.
- Once the oil has acquired some temperature, fry the onion for 3 minutes, without browning.
- You must control the intensity of the heat to medium.
- Then add the bell pepper, previously chopped into small squares. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the clean raw shrimp and scallops to the skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- You should cook them for 1 minute per side. The shrimp should get a pale orange color.
- Turn off the heat and add the chopped parsley.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, add it to the skillet that has the seafood. Mix well and serve immediately.
- You may serve it with some Parmesan cheese on top if desired.