- 1 package of spaghetti
- 1 large onion cut in julienne (thin slices)
- 1/2 cup of olive or canola oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 16 units of shrimp
- 16 units of scallops
- 4 tablespoons of parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions. And do not forget to add salt to the water where the pasta is cooked.
- Add the oil into a large skillet, and heat it.
- Once the oil has acquired some temperature, fry the onion for 3 minutes, without browning.
- You must control the intensity of the heat to medium.
- Then add the bell pepper, previously chopped into small squares. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the clean raw shrimp and scallops to the skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- You should cook them for 1 minute per side. The shrimp should get a pale orange color.
- Turn off the heat and add the chopped parsley.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, add it to the skillet that has the seafood. Mix well and serve immediately.
- You may serve it with some Parmesan cheese on top if desired.