In some situations, I believe several people may have bought bananas in an excessive quantity, and then there are always banana leftovers at home. Sometimes the temperature makes them to ripen faster and then you end up throwing some to the trash. That is why I made this Banana Bread recipe, for those extra-ripe bananas that people don’t like eating that way. Here is a good alternative, for you to put them to good use.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup of sugar
- 125 grams (4.4 oz) of margarine
- 2 ½ cups of sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk or water
- 1/2 cup of raisins (optional)
- Mix the margarine and sugar together, until they get well incorporated (you can mix with a fork if you desire), then add the eggs, and the sifted flour with baking powder. Add the milk and raisins. Finally, add the mashed bananas until everything is well mixed.
- Then get either two molds or one large mold buttered.
- The oven should be pre-heated to 350°F (180°C). Pour the mixture into the molds and then bake for 30-40 minutes. That pre-heating time will of course always depend on the type of oven. Therefore, I recommend introducing a skewer stick or similar in the center, to verify if it’s well baked or not.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins