FOR THE TUNA:
- 400 grams (14 oz) of fresh tuna
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar or honey
- 2 sprigs of chives
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
SIDES TO YOUR TASTE:
- Cooked white or brown rice
- Diced mango
- Grated carrot
- Diced avocado
- Chopped cilantro
- Diced cucumber
- Nori seaweed (optional)
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or some hot sauce
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, sugar, chives and sesame seeds.
- Cut the tuna into small squares.
- Combine the tuna with the soy mixture, and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Then assemble the bowl to your taste, by placing a portion of warm rice, a portion of carrot, cucumber, mango, avocado, and cilantro.
- Add a generous portion of tuna.
- In another bowl, mix the mayonnaise and sriracha, then spread it lightly on top of the poke bowl.
- You can sprinkle on top some chopped nori or sesame seeds.
- Prep Time: 30 min
Keywords: Hawaiian, poke, tuna