This is a variation on the traditional hummus, quite tasty and ideal for spreading with pieces of toast. It is an excellent alternative as a dip for a social meeting or prior to lunch or dinner.
- 1½ cups of cooked chickpeas; you can use a jar of those that come already cooked, but you must keep half of the liquid on the can.
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of lemon
- ½ cup of canned chopped red bell pepper, without liquid
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or grinder.
- Serve in a bowl with toasted slices of baguette bread, or with pita bread cut into chunks and roasted.