This is a variation on the traditional hummus, quite tasty and ideal for spreading with pieces of toast or vegetables. It is an excellent alternative as a dip for a social meeting or prior to lunch or dinner. It can also be considered as an appetizer along with other options, it’s a very good and healthy alternative.
I’m a big fan of this type of recipes, because they are very filling, tasty, and a great way to consume legumes.
This Hummus with red bell pepper is very easy and quick to make, I really recommend it to you, and you can even make several varieties of hummus, including the one from this recipe.
You may also be interested to look into my recipes for Crostini with chicken and pineapple teriyaki and Hummus with avocado.Print
Hummus with red bell pepper
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1½ cups of cooked chickpeas; you can use a jar of those that come already cooked, but you must keep half of the liquid on the can
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ½ cup of canned chopped red bell pepper, without liquid
- ½ cup of of cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- In a blender or food processor, combine the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, cumin, red bell pepper, and salt.
- While blending the ingredients, add little by little the liquid from the cooking of the chickpeas, or the one from the can if using canned chickpeas.
- Make sure the achieved texture is creamy.
- Rectify the flavors.
- Serve in a bowl with some whole cooked chickpeas on top, sprinkle some olive oil and paprika on top.
- You can include a variety of vegetable sides, such as celery, carrots, cucumber, or bread toasts.
If you have to cook the chickpeas, then you need to soak them for a couple of hours. Then cook them for 40 minutes or until soft. You must save some of the cooking liquid, to use it for the preparation of the hummus.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Appetizer
Keywords: appetizer, hummus, bell pepper
I usually use my food processor for these types of recipes, it is a super useful and versatile kitchen accessory, of various sizes and prices. But if you feel inspired in this world of cooking, I recommend you to buy one. Do not hesitate to write me if you have questions or doubts.
[…] You may also like to see my recipes of Hummus with avocado or Hummus with red bell pepper. […]