For those who are lovers of hummus, this recipe is fabulous. The avocado gives it a touch, an exquisite taste. It’s ideal for spreading it on pita bread, but it can also be used with pieces of toast, crackers or vegetables like celery, carrots or anything that you want. An excellent choice as appetizer or snack to enjoy with family or friends.
- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas (you can use a can of drained chickpeas)
- 1 big peeled avocado (i.e. without the seed or skin)
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Mix all ingredients in a blender or grinder, and grind until everything is well blended.
- Serve with toasted pita bread slices.
- Prep Time: 10 mins