- 1½ cups of cooked chickpeas; you can use a jar of those that come already cooked, but you must keep half of the liquid on the can
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ½ cup of canned chopped red bell pepper, without liquid
- ½ cup of of cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- In a blender or food processor, combine the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, cumin, red bell pepper, and salt.
- While blending the ingredients, add little by little the liquid from the cooking of the chickpeas, or the one from the can if using canned chickpeas.
- Make sure the achieved texture is creamy.
- Rectify the flavors.
- Serve in a bowl with some whole cooked chickpeas on top, sprinkle some olive oil and paprika on top.
- You can include a variety of vegetable sides, such as celery, carrots, cucumber, or bread toasts.
If you have to cook the chickpeas, then you need to soak them for a couple of hours. Then cook them for 40 minutes or until soft. You must save some of the cooking liquid, to use it for the preparation of the hummus.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Appetizer
Keywords: appetizer, hummus, bell pepper