This Chilean sandwich is in the list of classics in soda fountain restaurants in Chile, they are those typical sandwiches that we Chileans yearn for when we are far from home. Today I bring you the recipe as I used to request in a soda fountain restaurant in Valparaiso, Chile. What’s particularly great about this post is that I used the recipe for sandwich bread, and it was perfect. I hope you’ll enjoy it, especially for those fellow citizens who are far from Chile, and that in these days we are united by the FIFA World Cup.
- 1 sandwich bread; you can also use marraqueta bread, hamburger bread, or the recipe in the blog
- 220 grams (7.8 oz) of meat, you can use sirloin or round (steak cut in thin slices)
- 4 slices of tomato
- ½ cup of cooked green beans, sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon of chopped green banana pepper
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (you can use butter)
- In a frying pan with a little oil (or on a griddle), cook the meat, seasoned with a little salt. This meat cooks quickly. No more than 2 minutes per side, otherwise it will dry out.
- Cut the bread open, and spread each half with mayonnaise or butter.
- Place the steak slices at the bottom of the bread, then add the tomato, green beans and chopped green banana pepper.
- Close the bread and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 4 mins