This is a delicious and simple pear tart, it’s very similar to a pound cake, but adding fruit to the bottom of this tart adds a special touch. Then it’s served flipped, i.e. the base of the cake is on the top. This cake is quite simple and is perfect for tea time.Print
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 125 grams (4.4 oz) of butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of liquid milk
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 large pear, clean and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl or in a mixer, mix the butter with one cup of sugar for about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the mixture of the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk. Set aside.
- Separately on a skillet, melt ½ cup of sugar, and add the butter before it browns. This part should be done over medium heat and with a lot of care, so that the mix doesn’t get hard. Immediately after that and quickly, add the chopped pears, cook for about two minutes and remove from the heat.
- Butter a 22 cms (8.7 inches) mold, and add the pear slices on the base, then add the mixture of the preparation from above.
- Bake for 30 minutes. However, since each oven is different, you should check before removing the cake from the oven and ensure that the cooking is perfect, inserting a wooden skewer in the middle. If it comes out dry, then it is ready.
- Remove the cake from oven and let it cool down for about 5 minutes before turning the cake upside down over a plate (i.e. leaving the base on the top), as seen in the photos.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins