Since the time I saw this recipe, I didn’t hesitate for a second to make it. Usually the way to prepare and eat Brioche is totally different. But it was Rachel Khoo who incited me with this stuffed brioche with milk caramel. A treat for any occasion.
Brioche with dulce de leche
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 1x
- 5 teaspoons of butter
- 3 teaspoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of powdered yeast
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (you may also use imitation vanilla extract if you desire)
- 1 teaspoon of water
- ⅔ cup of milk caramel (dulce de leche)
- 3 small apples, peeled and cut into small squares
- Chopped almonds (optional)
- Heat the milk and butter until it melts. When milk is lukewarm, add the yeast and dissolve well.
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar and salt. Add the milk mixture into the center of the mix. Mix well until the dough is smooth and homogeneous.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (ideally overnight).
- Spread the dough in a rectangular shape over the kitchen counter.
- Place the milk caramel over the dough, extended to cover the whole dough, leaving small edges.
- Add the chopped apples and almonds.
- Roll the whole dough (with filling) into a cylinder shape.
- Cut into 6 equal parts.
- Place these cuts on a baking tray covered with parchment paper (as shown in the last photo).
- Let them stand for 2 hours on the tray (before actually baking them).
- Stir the egg, and brush over each roll with it.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Once ready, transfer the baked cuts to a cooling rack, for them to cool down.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
Leave a Reply