I believe that spring is one of the seasons of the year that I like the most, since almost everywhere the weather is more pleasant and that leads to wanting to do more outdoor activities. When the weekends come, we always try to devise an occasion to enjoy with friends, and one of the instances we enjoy the most is to have fun on our deck.
The most entertaining thing about our gatherings is that we are all Latino friends from several countries, and the Spanish language among us is usually not as clear as we would like, since each country has its own slangs and terminologies. It’s usually very funny the way we communicate, but when it comes to having a nice meal, we also enjoy that a lot. Besides, we’ve been also learning recipes and dishes from different countries. On this occasion, Mexico was present with a very particular cocktail, which (to be quite honest) I hadn’t had many occasions to enjoy it lately, and I’m talking about the popular Micheladas.
That is why I took the opportunity to go to Walmart to gather all the ingredients that are necessary to prepare this fabulous cocktail, being the first item on the list the classic Clamato, essential to prepare this simple and tasty Michelada. You can find the Clamato product in the “Juice” aisle in Walmart.
I also found a box of Popcorn Shrimp in the “Deli” section of Walmart, and I got the inspiration to make a dip to go with them, which was a perfect complement for the Micheladas.
If you liked this Michelada recipe, don’t forget to celebrate National Michelada Day on July 12th! And also, I invite you to visit the My Michelada Match website, to check out other great Michelada recipes and pairings!Print
- 1 or 2 Mexican beers
- 1 cup Clamato Original flavor. I used the 64 ounce bottle.
- 2 splashes hot sauce
- ¼ tsp of chili pepper
- 2 limes
- 1 mango
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- My favorite chilli-salt blend seasoning
- 1 cup ice
- With the help of a lime, wet the edges of the glass. Then sprinkle a little bit of the chilli-salt blend in a small plate and place the glass upside down, so that it is impregnated with the powder.
- In another large glass, mix the Clamato tomato juice, hot sauce, chili pepper, ¼ teaspoon salt, half of the mango (diced), and half of the jalapeno (minced). Stir very well.
- Distribute this mixture halfway in each glass, whose edges have been covered with the chilli-salt blend.
- Fill the rest of the glass with a ice and cold beer, mix a little and enjoy.
- You can add a slice of lime as a decoration on the rim.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DIP
- 1 avocado
- ½ onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp cilantro
- The juice of one lime
- Salt to taste
- Mash the avocado, and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Enjoy with the popcorn shrimp.