In our daily lives, how great it would be that weekdays had more free time, as usually Saturdays or Sundays do. But then Monday arrives, and we have to start all over again with routines and obligations, which take away the enthusiasm from many people when it comes to cooking. Therefore ideas and recipes are always welcome, which besides of being delicious, they are also very practical to save us time to cook.
Today I want to share with you very tasty recipe, this Garlic Shrimp Risotto with Mushrooms is one of those dishes with which you can definitely show off. For this idea I turned to the Vive Mejor website, where I found not only this recipe but also many others, with ingredients that are easy to find and with very easy to follow directions.
I chose this recipe simply because at home we love risotto. For this I modified the original recipe a little, and I wanted to give it a twist with the sauteed mushrooms, which ended up being fabulous.
As a piece of advice, I suggest that you cook on medium heat, and that you are watching all the time to make sure the risotto doesn’t dry out. The rest is very easy to do, but with this detail you can definitely make a difference. Stir well, but carefully, so that everything gets well combined.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pack of Knorr Selects™ Four Cheese Risotto
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add the shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes until they turn pink, add the garlic during the last 30 seconds of cooking.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Then, in the same skillet, cook the chopped mushrooms for about 3 minutes. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Pour the water, milk, the remaining olive oil, and the contents of the Knorr® Selects™ packet into the same skillet. Let it boil, then reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for 7 more minutes.
- Add the shrimp and mushrooms.
- Serve with chopped cilantro on top.
- Ready and delicious!
You can find many more ideas and recipes in the website of Vive Mejor, as well as in their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. And I encourage you to give your own adaptation to this tasty recipe that I present here today! Please share your ideas in the Comments section below.