This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #justaddrice #CollectiveBias
If we’re talking about convenient ideas for dinner, you will definitely like this recipe for Tacos with beef, rice, peppers and parsley, not only because of how quick it is to prepare them, but also because you’ll get a very tasty meal, and as customizable as your taste might like.
I believe that for most of the people it’s a daily feat trying to figure out about options for dinner, especially when you have kids. We eat rice quite frequently around here, but usually as a side for a meat. And this time I wanted to use this exquisite Uncle Ben’s® Long Grain & Wild Rice, Original Recipe, which is extremely easy to prepare, and after the 20 minutes it takes to cook you’ll get a very delicious rice, which was perfect for me to add to my tacos. In addition, while the rice is cooking, you can prepare the rest of the fillings to be used for the tacos. In short, in just about 20 minutes you can have your dinner ready!
To get all of the ingredients that I used in this recipe, I went with my family to a nearby Kroger supermarket, in which not just one but all varieties of “Uncle Ben’s® flavor” rice can be found.
In this occasion, in aisle 7 of our neighborhood Kroger, I found the exact type of rice that I was looking for, as well as other varieties of Uncle Ben’s® flavor.
As you can see in the photos, the preparation process of “Uncle Ben’s® Long Grain & Wild Rice, Original Recipe” is very easy and quick to make, plus it comes with a seasoning packet inside the box, which will give all that exquisite taste to this rice.
I made a simple preparation in a frying pan, using some ground beef that I seasoned with salt, ground pepper, hot pepper (optional), oregano, and also some cherry tomatoes. I used this beef mix as the base for my tacos, and then I added the rice and remaining ingredients.
Tacos with beef, rice, peppers, and parsley
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 box of Uncle Ben’s® Long Grain & Wild Rice, Original Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 1/4 cups of boiling water
- Tacos, two units per person
- 250 grams (9 oz) of ground beef
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Salt, oregano, hot pepper (optional), and ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper
- 1/2 of a yellow bell pepper
- Prepare the rice according to the package instructions.
- Place a tablespoon of butter in a pan, add the rice and the seasoning (that comes inside the box of the rice), add the water, stir, cover the pot, and let it simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice has absorbed all the water.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan with a tablespoon of oil, cook the ground beef with a little bit of salt, oregano, hot pepper (optional), and ground pepper to taste. At the end, add the cherry tomatoes previously cut in half.
- Also cut the bell peppers into strips.
- Once the rice is ready, assemble the tacos by putting some beef mixture, rice, bell peppers, and then parsley.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Be sure to check out other great Uncle Ben’s® flavor options for great recipe ideas. I’d love to hear about your favorite flavor!
Leave a Reply