Since a while I’ve been eating as healthy as possible, it’s pleasant for me to do so, I like being able to eat foods that are tasty, varied, but at the same time healthy. That has caused me to feel more energetic, I haven’t had any stomach problems, and I can just notice only benefits. However, I still occasionally upload some recipes for those who like bigger and/or sweeter meals, or also for special occasions.
Now, for the regular daily meals is that I have recipes such as the one I share today, an exquisite Zucchini pasta with tomatoes and meat sauce. If you want to lower the amount of carbohydrates, if you are looking for a healthier diet, if you don’t like whole wheat pasta, or if you just want to try something different, this is definitely your recipe. It has really been a smart move acquiring this machine for cutting vegetables into strands of “spaghetti”, among other cuts. There are different brands and prices. The one I have is the one I show in the photo, it is simple to use, as well as easy to wash and store.
*For the vegetarians, this recipe is perfect, you just have to ommit using the meat in the sauce, and that’s it!
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes posted in Mi Diario de Cocina, you can subscribe HERE. Remember that you can follow me through Facebook and Twitter. Or if you like the pictures and want more cooking ideas, you can also find me on Instagram and Pinterest.Print
- 2 to 3 zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 onion, chopped into small squares
- 200 grams of ground beef
- 2 grated carrots
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups of tomato sauce
- 6 olives
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- A little bit of oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Wash the zucchinis, cut the tip of each end, and put it into the machine to cut them into spirals. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil, fry the onion and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the ground beef. Cook for two more minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, paprika and oregano.
- Add the grated carrots and sliced mushrooms. Cook for two more minutes.
- Then add the tomato sauce and olives.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on low heat.
- Meanwhile, heat the zucchini spirals in the microwave oven for 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the zucchini spirals.
- Top with chopped cilantro if you like.