For years the drink of Piña Colada was my favorite, but I now like simpler drinks. Nevertheless, I love the mix of pineapple/coconut whether it be for a smoothie, juice, cocktail, cupcakes, or this delicious ice cream. In this version I did not add liquor since the idea was that my little son can try it too. I take this opportunity to also tell you that I bought a fresh pineapple, and I used the peel to make a juice, I just washed the peel and put it in a pot with hot water, I let it boil for 2 minutes and then set it aside. What you get is a juice with many beneficial properties for the body, I tell that to you as a tip.
- 2 cups of chopped pineapple
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon
- In a blender, place all ingredients and mix until the pineapple is completely crushed.
- Unite the mixture well.
- Transfer the mix to ice cream machine and use it as directed by the manufacturer.
- It’ll take about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Bring into the freezer the mix in ice cream molds or in a large container.
- Let it stand for at least 1 hour.
- If you don’t have an ice cream machine, bring the mixture to an airtight pot for two hours in the freezer, then remove and stir the mixture, and then bring back to the freezer at least 2 more hours.