If you need a tasty side for a dish, and you also don’t have much time or have many guests, this recipe of Couscous with mango is perfect for those requirements. The wonderful thing about couscous is that it has a very quick cooking time, and indeed these little balls of semolina just need to hydrate. There are hundreds of recipes you will be able prepare when you learn how to cook couscous. Here I present a very fresh version, with very tasty flavors that turned out to be perfect for this salmon, served on a bed of spinach and mushrooms.
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes posted in Mi Diario de Cocina, you can subscribe HERE. Remember that you can follow me through Facebook and Twitter. Or if you like the pictures and want more cooking ideas, you can also find me on Instagram and Pinterest.Print
- 3/4 cup of couscous
- 1 cup of water (can also use chicken broth or vegetable)
- 1/2 unit of onion, chopped into small squares
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 peeled mango, diced
- 3 tablespoons of chopped or sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the water or broth in a small saucepan. As soon as the boiling point is achieved, slowly add the couscous and stir well. Remove from the heat and cover the pot, this step is very important.
- Wait at least 10 minutes, as the idea is that the couscous can absorb all the liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, fry the chopped onion and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Add this mixture to the couscous.
- Also add the almonds, diced mango, and parsley.
- Rectify flavors, check if it lacks salt or not.