- 3/4 cup of couscous
- 1 cup of water (can also use chicken broth or vegetable)
- 1/2 unit of onion, chopped into small squares
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 peeled mango, diced
- 3 tablespoons of chopped or sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the water or broth in a small saucepan. As soon as the boiling point is achieved, slowly add the couscous and stir well. Remove from the heat and cover the pot, this step is very important.
- Wait at least 10 minutes, as the idea is that the couscous can absorb all the liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, fry the chopped onion and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Add this mixture to the couscous.
- Also add the almonds, diced mango, and parsley.
- Rectify flavors, check if it lacks salt or not.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins