Today I bring you these delicious Lentil Burgers, which I prepared showing the step-by-step process in my Instagram. In there I also gave 3 ideas on how to use this tasty legume.
I always like to make it clear that I am not a vegetarian or vegan, but I am fascinated by many recipes and ideas that belong to that category.
I find it great to have the opportunity to try all kinds of foods, and a recipe like these Lentil Burgers is one such example. Vegetarian burgers are an excellent alternative for those who cannot consume meats in general, either for medical or personal reasons.
I was happy with the result of these lentil burgers, you can replace some of the ingredients that appear here with the ones you have at home, no problem, you just have to make sure you take care of the indicated proportions.
For this recipe I used a homemade bread, but this time I made it with whole wheat flour and it was perfect to complement these burgers. You can also use a recipe of Wheat hamburger bread that I have on the blog.
The fillings to make this sandwich can be super varied and to your liking. But I assure you that this combination is majestic, the avocado always provides a suitable texture and flavor to complement. The tomato provides moisture, the broccoli sprouts gave it an amazing kick in flavor, but can be substituted for any green veggie like lettuce, spinach, etc.
You may also be interested in seeing the recipes of Black beans hamburger or vegetarian sandwich .Print
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 and a half cups of cooked lentils
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 small piece of red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup of onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of carrot, grated
- 3/4 cup of oatmeal
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of oregano
- A pinch of cumin
- Whole wheat bread
- Broccoli sprouts
- In a frying pan with oil, fry the onion for about 2 minutes.
- Then add the minced garlic.
- Also add the chopped red bell pepper, grated carrot, and season with salt, pepper, oregano and cumin.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, grind the lentils.
- Place the lentils in a bowl, add the sautéed onion, 1 egg, and the oatmeal.
- Mix everything very well, and with your hands form the patties.
- In an non-stick frying pan ideally with a few drops of oil, cook the patties for 5 minutes per side.
- To form the sandwich, spread some mayonnaise on one of the breads internally, then add broccoli sprouts, a lentil burger, tomato, mashed avocado, mayonnaise, and the other slice of bread.
- You can add some kind of chili if you like.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Breads and sandwich
Keywords: Hamburger, lentils, bread
It’s wonderful to be able to transform such a popular and “junk food” sandwich into something packed with nutrients and flavors. They will definitely love it.
Remember to use the tag #midiariodecocina in any of your social networks if you make this or another of my recipes, I thank you for the dissemination to continue growing with the blog.
Lesly Guadalupe Jimenez Chavez says
Hola que tal mucho gusto, me intereso mucho su blog estuve viendo algunas recetas que hace y están muy bien creo que jamás me interés por la comida chilena es muy diferente a lo que estoy acostumbrada su receta de hamburguesas de lentejas me dejo asombrada se ve muy deliciosa es muy asombroso como una receta que es comida chatarra le agrego nutrientes