- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour (without baking powder)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Zest of one lemon (grate the peel without the white part of the lemon)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 cup of liquid milk
- 3/4 cup of melted (and cooled) butter
- Powdered sugar to sprinkle
- Beat the eggs with the granulated sugar, until achieving a pale color and a frothy texture.
- In another bowl mix the flour, baking powder, and lemon zest.
- In another separate bowl also mix the milk, honey, and the melted butter. Then add this mixture to the egg mix.
- Then pour the flour mixture into the egg mixture as well.
- Unite everything in a thorough way.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Prepare the molds for the Madeleines by buttering the mold for the cookies.
- Place one tablespoon of the dough in each mold space.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- When removing them from the oven, place them in a cooling tray.
- Finally, when they have cooled down, sprinkle them with powdered sugar on top and serve immediately.