- 80 g (2.8 oz) of butter
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of flour (140 g, 5 oz)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder (10 g, 0.35 oz)
- 2 tablespoons of milk (only if necessary)
FILLING AND MERINGUE:
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of applesauce (1 large apple, peeled, cooked and mashed)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar (180 grs, 6.3 oz)
- DOUGH: Beat the butter with the sugar for about 3 minutes at least. Add the egg. Whisk a little more and then add the flour and baking powder, then add the milk (only if necessary). The dough should not stick to the hands. Spread the dough in a 23 cm (9 in) buttered mold, and prick the dough with a fork. Bake for about 15 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- FILLING: mix the condensed milk with the cinnamon powder, applesauce and 3 beaten yolks and passed through a strainer. Reserve in the refrigerator.
- Remove the baked dough from the oven, pour the filling on top, and again in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the filling is solid.
- MERINGUE: beat 3 egg whites (100 grs, 3.5 oz) with 3/4 cup of sugar (180 grs, 6.3 oz) at bain-marie, then when the sugar crystals dissolve, continue beating away from the heat until obtaining a firm meringue. Add the meringue on top of the apple pie to finish.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins