- 4 green apples
- 2 tablespoons of butter (it’s ok if you want to use margarine)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Hollow the apples carefully. Notice there’s an ideal accessory to remove the core from apples, as you can see in the picture above. But if you don’t have one, use a sharp knife.
- In each hole put a little bit of butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Place the apples in a bowl with a little water, and if you desire you may also add a little more sugar to the base of the bowl.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes.
- It should form a kind of caramel on the base of the bowl, which can be used at the time of serving the apples.
- If you want, you can serve this dessert wile it’s warm, accompanied with an ice cream of your choice.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins