- 1 baguette bread
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 package of Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese (8 oz, 226 g)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
- 1–2 tablespoons of chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the baguette bread into slices, sprinkle some olive oil on them, if you want you can also add a little bit of oregano. Place them on a baking tray at 350°F (180°C) for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the chives, add this to the cream cheese, and also add the sliced almonds.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Cut the bell pepper into thin strips. Heat in a pan a little bit of oil and saute the bell pepper strips for about 3 minutes. Add a spoonful of sugar and leave it there until the sugar has dissolved.
- Assemble the crostinis by spreading some cream cheese mixture on the bread slices, and then place a teaspoon of the caramelized bell pepper strips on top of that.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins