This post has been compensated by Vive Mejor and Dime Media. All opinions are 100% mine
I love the idea of innovating not only in lunches or dinners, but also in breakfasts. Living far from one’s homeland allows one to learn about many cultures and a variety of traditions when it comes to eating. That’s why I enjoy trying new flavors and giving new options for breakfast, so different from what we usually eat.
This time, in order to hit it right in the target with something really tasty, I turned to the Vive Mejor website to find inspiration, and it is there where I found this delicious option of Arepas with chorizo, eggs and avocado for breakfast. I wanted to give it a softer touch, which is why I added mozzarella cheese when serving the arepa, and if you keep the arepa warm, the cheese will melt. Also, even though the preparation with the chorizo already has tomato, I wanted to also include a little more when serving the arepa, to accompany the avocado. It gives a fresher touch in every bite.
If you are looking to give a tastier touch to your preparations, Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken Flavor is ideal for that.Print
- 1 cup diced tomatoes without salt
- 1 tablespoon of Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken Flavor
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- 1 pack of arepas
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 ounces chopped Spanish type chorizo (approximately ¾ cup)
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomato
- 1 large avocado
- Process the tomatoes with Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken Flavor in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F (120°C). Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook the arepas in batches, about 10 minutes until golden brown, turning once and adding 1 tablespoon of oil as needed. Place them on a baking tray, and put them in the oven to keep them warm until they are ready to serve.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat and cook the onion, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the chorizo and garlic; cook them for 5 minutes stirring occasionally until golden brown. Add the tomato mixture and simmer for 10 minutes to mix the flavors.
- Prepare the scrambled eggs with a tablespoon of oil.
- To serve, place a little bit of mozzarella cheese on top of each arepa, then use a spoon to place the chorizo mixture in the arepas, place a little bit of scrambled eggs and a slice of avocado, along with fresh chopped tomato on top. Serve with fresh sliced fruit, if desired.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
You can find many more ideas and recipes in the Vive Mejor website, and also on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. And I encourage you to give your own adaptation to this tasty recipe that I present today! Share your ideas in the Comments section below.