- 1 cup diced tomatoes without salt
- 1 tablespoon of Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken Flavor
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- 1 pack of arepas
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 ounces chopped Spanish type chorizo (approximately ¾ cup)
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomato
- 1 large avocado
- Process the tomatoes with Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken Flavor in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F (120°C). Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook the arepas in batches, about 10 minutes until golden brown, turning once and adding 1 tablespoon of oil as needed. Place them on a baking tray, and put them in the oven to keep them warm until they are ready to serve.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat and cook the onion, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the chorizo and garlic; cook them for 5 minutes stirring occasionally until golden brown. Add the tomato mixture and simmer for 10 minutes to mix the flavors.
- Prepare the scrambled eggs with a tablespoon of oil.
- To serve, place a little bit of mozzarella cheese on top of each arepa, then use a spoon to place the chorizo mixture in the arepas, place a little bit of scrambled eggs and a slice of avocado, along with fresh chopped tomato on top. Serve with fresh sliced fruit, if desired.