At this point I consider myself a big fan of quinoa, because of how versatile it is when cooking and the great nutritional value it provides, and it is also ideal for celiacs because it contains no gluten. It helps controlling the cholesterol levels, it is high in fiber content and protein, since it has a low glycemic index, which is ideal for people with diabetes and for those who want to lose weight.
Quinoa is for sure a super food, and there are many ways to prepare it. Today I present here these tasty Quinoa croquettes, and you can vary the type of seasoning you want, or you can even add more ingredients if you want, to give your personal touch to the recipe.
The croquettes are ideal as a side for lunch or dinner.
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes posted in Mi Diario de Cocina, you can subscribe HERE. Remember that you can follow me through Facebook and Twitter. Or if you like the pictures and want more cooking ideas, you can also find me on Instagram and Pinterest.
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1/2 unit of diced onion
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of chopped raw spinach
- 2 tablespoons of almonds, chopped or sliced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs or Panko
- It is important that before cooking the quinoa, you should wash it well under running cold water.
- Then cook for 15 minutes, by adding a cup of quinoa and two cups of boiling water into a pan, cover the pan, cook over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile in skillet, saute the onion for about 2 minutes, then add the chopped garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2 extra minutes.
- Add the chopped spinach and cook for a minute.
- Expect the onion mixture to be warm or cold before you continue.
- Then in a bowl, beat the egg, add the cooked quinoa, and the mixture of onion and spinach.
- Add the almonds and half cup of Panko or breadcrumbs.
- Mix everything well and form the croquettes, which must be covered once again with Panko or breadcrumbs, and seasoned with salt.
- Fry in a non-stick frying pan, with just a drop of oil or with cooking spray.
- Cook only for a minute and a half on each side, and done.