- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1/2 unit of diced onion
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of chopped raw spinach
- 2 tablespoons of almonds, chopped or sliced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs or Panko
- It is important that before cooking the quinoa, you should wash it well under running cold water.
- Then cook for 15 minutes, by adding a cup of quinoa and two cups of boiling water into a pan, cover the pan, cook over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile in skillet, saute the onion for about 2 minutes, then add the chopped garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2 extra minutes.
- Add the chopped spinach and cook for a minute.
- Expect the onion mixture to be warm or cold before you continue.
- Then in a bowl, beat the egg, add the cooked quinoa, and the mixture of onion and spinach.
- Add the almonds and half cup of Panko or breadcrumbs.
- Mix everything well and form the croquettes, which must be covered once again with Panko or breadcrumbs, and seasoned with salt.
- Fry in a non-stick frying pan, with just a drop of oil or with cooking spray.
- Cook only for a minute and a half on each side, and done.
- Prep Time: 25 mins