Delicious Chicken with orange sauce, a simple dish, with several ingredients, but all easy to find or that can usually be found at home. This recipe is perfect for a lunch and for those days you need to make a dish in no time. While we sauté the chicken, we can be preparing the sauce to optimize the time.
If you like to sauté meats, I recommend that you purchase a non-stick frying pan, because that way you will be able to use much less oil in the preparations and it will be easier for meats or anything to cook better.
For this recipe you can use natural orange juice if you have the possibility, it would be ideal, but it would also be fine if you use boxed juice.
In the final presentation you can add sesame seeds, but if they don’t have or not like them, you can simply add chopped parsley or pieces of almonds or peanuts.
The next photo are the ingredients that are needed for the sauce, which is super easy to prepare, and I recommend working with medium low heat, patiently to achieve the consistency of the sauce, which should be slightly thick.
The ingredients for the chicken are the ones that will give it flavor and color.
The procedure is very simple, and remember to remove the excess of flour that sticks to the chicken, you must do it before frying it.
In the following photos the consistency of the sauce is perfectly appreciated, very simple, but full of flavor.
You may also be interested in seeing the recipes of Chicken Stew or Chicken marsala .
Chicken with orange sauce
- Total Time: 40 min
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Oil for frying (I used cooking spray)
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar or whatever you have
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken into small pieces, then in a bowl mix all the dry ingredients, and with this mixture add it to the chicken, unite well and remove the excesses.
- Then in a frying pan (ideally non-stick) with a little oil, fry the chicken for about 3 minutes on sides or until golden brown, once ready to reserve.
- In a small bowl dissolve the cornstarch with a little orange juice and add this mixture to a pot along with the rest of the sauce ingredients.
- Cook over medium low heat until the sauce takes consistency.
- When the sauce is ready, mix it with the chicken and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with orange sauce with sesame seeds on top if you like, accompanied with white rice.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
Keywords: chicken, sauce, orange
By far the best side for this delicious Chicken with Orange Sauce is rice, you can use brown rice if you want.
Leave a Reply