Now I share a delicious Oatmeal apple cake, a tasty, simple and easy to prepare alternative. These cakes as always come in handy for tea time, coffee, as a snack on those days you want to sweeten your palate.
It is always good to have these types of recipes on hand to delight family or friends. It is also ideal to take it on a picnic day. With my family sometimes we go out to a park, we carry a thermos with hot water (for coffee or tea), and some delicious cake like this.
They always ask me what are the ideal apples to cook this type of recipe, personally I always prefer green apples, they are less sweet and are much better, but you may as well use any of the varieties of red apples.
- 3/4 cup of oil
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of grated apple without peel (it can be red or green)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour (you can also use whole wheat flour instead)
- 1 cup of oatmeal flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Mix together the oil, eggs, sugar and apple.
- Then add the dry ingredients: flour, oatmeal flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Grease a 20 cm (8 in) mold.
- Pour the mixture and bring to the oven for 35 minutes.
- Keep in mind that if you use a different type of oven, the cooking time may be a little longer.
- Once ready, sprinkle powdered sugar on top
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Category: Sweet doughs
Keywords: cake, apple, oatmeal
Remember that for these types of recipes you can replace certain ingredients such as the type of flour, instead of sugar you can use honey or sweetener of your choice.
And an important point is that the cooking time can vary depending on the type of mold you use. You should always check the cooking and verify well before finally removing it from the oven.