- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt (you can also use another plain yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil (can be replaced by other oil)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar, or a sweetener that is to your liking
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour (can be replaced with regular flour or without gluten)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, ideally semi sweet
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Butter a rectangular cake mold, or cover with parchment paper.
- In a bowl or mixer, bring the yogurt, vanilla, egg, and coconut oil. Mix well.
- Add the honey and mashed banana mixed with sugar.
- Mix everything well together, and then add the following dry ingredients: oatmeal, whole wheat flour, and baking soda.
- Once the mixture is ready, pour it in the mold, and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Insert a skewer (or similar) in the center, and if this comes out dry, you can remove the cake from the oven, otherwise you should leave it baking for a few extra minutes.