I finally bring to you here a recipe that has been very much requested by the fans of Mi Diario de Cocina, the famous cinnamon rolls. This is a dough that needs some time to prepare, not because it may be complicated to prepare or anything like that, but because it uses yeast, and therefore it needs to rest for a while. So you must calculate well the times when you want to make them, so that they’re ready at the right moment.
This recipe is quite easy to do, and believe me, they are delicious. I should also mention that they usually go with a frosting on top, i.e. a kind of cream on top that is fairly solid and sweet, but it is optional whether you want to use it or not. But just between you and me, they get tastier with this frosting. Besides, the frosting takes like just a minute to make.
I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe, either for a special mid-afternoon coffee/tea time (or anytime you want, actually), or to share with family.
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
FOR THE DOUGH
- 1 cup of warm milk
- 1 pack of powdered yeast (2 teaspoons and a bit more) (7 grams; 1/4 oz)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour without baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 package of cream cheese (approximately 110 grams; 4 oz)
- 3 tablespoons of soft butter
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix the yeast with the milk, let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in the mixer or in a large bowl, mix the eggs, melted butter, sugar and salt. Then add the yeast mixture.
- Also, gradually start adding the flour, cup by cup.
- Combine until all ingredients are integrated.
- Knead the dough for at least 5 minutes. You can also add some flour if necessary.
- Form a ball and place the dough in a bowl coated with oil. Then cover the bowl, and let the dough stand for 1 hour or until it has doubled its volume.
- Mix the brown sugar with the cinnamon, leave that mix in a bowl for now.
- Once the dough is ready, stretch it and give it a rectangular shape (approximately 40 cm x 30 cm; 16 in x 12 in)
- Spread some butter on top with a brush. Then spread the mixture of brown sugar with cinnamon.
- Carefully roll the dough. Then cut 12 slices from the roll.
- Place the slices on a tray that has been previously covered with parchment paper.
- Let the rolls stand for about 30 minutes, before bringing them to the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting by mixing the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Pour a little bit of frosting on top of each cinnamon roll.
- Prep Time: 60 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
Leave a Reply