FOR THE DOUGH
- 1 cup of warm milk
- 1 pack of powdered yeast (2 teaspoons and a bit more) (7 grams; 1/4 oz)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour without baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 package of cream cheese (approximately 110 grams; 4 oz)
- 3 tablespoons of soft butter
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix the yeast with the milk, let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in the mixer or in a large bowl, mix the eggs, melted butter, sugar and salt. Then add the yeast mixture.
- Also, gradually start adding the flour, cup by cup.
- Combine until all ingredients are integrated.
- Knead the dough for at least 5 minutes. You can also add some flour if necessary.
- Form a ball and place the dough in a bowl coated with oil. Then cover the bowl, and let the dough stand for 1 hour or until it has doubled its volume.
- Mix the brown sugar with the cinnamon, leave that mix in a bowl for now.
- Once the dough is ready, stretch it and give it a rectangular shape (approximately 40 cm x 30 cm; 16 in x 12 in)
- Spread some butter on top with a brush. Then spread the mixture of brown sugar with cinnamon.
- Carefully roll the dough. Then cut 12 slices from the roll.
- Place the slices on a tray that has been previously covered with parchment paper.
- Let the rolls stand for about 30 minutes, before bringing them to the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting by mixing the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Pour a little bit of frosting on top of each cinnamon roll.
- Prep Time: 60 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins