This is the main MONTH of the year to make cookies, at least more than usual as there are so many varieties of cookies for Christmas, and it is also a great gift option and sweeten the lives of others. You can’t deny that the warmth of the home that’s felt when baking cookies is fabulous.
These cookies are super simple, and what’s best is that they are done immediately, because the dough doesn’t need any resting time, as it happens with the vast majority of cookies. It has the perfect amount of sugar, since with the jam mixture it will give them the right sweetness.
These tasty Christmas cookies are very common in Nigeria.Print
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour (without baking powder)
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of grated coconut
- 1/2 cup of a jam of your choice (I used a berries jam)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Prepare two trays with parchment paper to bake the cookies.
- In a bowl or in a blender, mix the butter with the sugar for about 4 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and half of the grated coconut.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Mix well.
- Then, with the help of a spoon, take some scoops of the dough to form small balls, which shall be rolled over the rest of the grated coconut.
- Place the dough balls in the tray, and push them in the center with your thumb.
- Then, add the jam in that space.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Before removing from the tray, let the cookies stand for a few minutes.
- Enjoy the cookies when they cool down.
These cookies, once they’ve been made, last very fresh for about 4 days if you put them in an airtight jar, or in those typical boxes or jars used to store cookies.