- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour (without baking powder)
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of grated coconut
- 1/2 cup of a jam of your choice (I used a berries jam)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Prepare two trays with parchment paper to bake the cookies.
- In a bowl or in a blender, mix the butter with the sugar for about 4 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and half of the grated coconut.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Mix well.
- Then, with the help of a spoon, take some scoops of the dough to form small balls, which shall be rolled over the rest of the grated coconut.
- Place the dough balls in the tray, and push them in the center with your thumb.
- Then, add the jam in that space.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Before removing from the tray, let the cookies stand for a few minutes.
- Enjoy the cookies when they cool down.