Recipe modified and adapted from Aran Goyoaga.
- 80 grs (3 oz) of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of brown or blond sugar
- Zest of 2 large lemons (grating only of the yellow skin)
- 1/2 cup of olive oil or sunflower oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup of rice flour
- 1/3 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon of powdered flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of almond milk, can also use cow’s milk
- Melt the butter and let it cool down.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and lemon zest, then add the oil. Mix everything well and then add the eggs. Beat the mix for about 3 minutes.
- Then in another bowl, mix the dry ingredients: rice flour, almond flour, tapioca, flaxseed, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Then add the milk, oil, and melted butter. Beat for a minute.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and take it to the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat theoven to 400°F (200°C).
- Butter the mold for the cookies. Then pour some dough (from the mixture) into each mold space. Do not fill up much.
- Bake for 8 minutes, and then lower the oven temperature to 350°F (180°C) and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down in the same mold for a few minutes, and then move them to a plate.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins