- 1 cup of warm water
- 2 teaspoons of powdered yeast
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- In a bowl or blender, mix the water, honey, and yeast. Let this mix stand for about 8 minutes.
- Then add the flour, salt, and olive oil.
- Unite everything together very well. Let it stand for about 20 minutes,
- Then divide the dough into 8 units, forming balls.
- Extend each ball in a circular way with the help of a rolling pin.
- Cover the dough with a cloth, and let it sit for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Place the breads on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 5 minutes, and you should not let it brown much, or almost not at all.
- Wait for the breads to cool down a bit, open their pockets and fill them with anything you desire.
- The remaining pita breads can be kept covered with a cloth, or wrapped in a bag. That way they can last perfectly for about 3 days at room temperature.
- Cook Time: 5 mins