- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (7 grams) Active dry yeast
- A pinch of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of warm milk
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
- 4 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour without baking powder
- Combine the water, yeast and the pinch of sugar in a small bowl. Mix well and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl or mixer, combine milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, salt and butter. Add the yeast mixture, stir and mix well.
- Add 2 cups of flour. Stir for about 2 minutes, and add the flour by half-cups at a time until complete.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes. Then form a ball and place the dough in a bowl previously sprayed with cooking spray, cover and let it rest for 1 1/2 hours.
- Then place the dough on top of a counter sprinkled with flour, divide the dough into 20 pieces, i.e. 20 balls.
- Place the balls on a baking tray and let them rest, covered for 30 more minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Brush the rolls with melted butter.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until they are golden brown on top.